Wednesday 23 June 2010

Vivre La France!

I went to the South of France almost a month ago and I have been meaning to post about it for ages. Mother Hen had some work to do and she invited my sister and I to go with her, obviously we had to think about it. I like to include a recipe with most posts but I seem to be failing to cook 'French' lately (see next post regarding the Brulee disaster 2010). We had the most magical holiday, ate like queens and looking through my photos this evening (90% are food related) I just had to share them with you.

Pre-dinner snacks and vino, the wine was from the next door 'cave'.
Not only delicious but £1 a bottle.

A simple courgette salad.
Mandoline sliced courgettes with lemon zest and mint fresh from the garden. Drizzled with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.

My favorite - nothing beats French artichokes.
Dipping the leaves in a simple vinaigrette and licking my fingers.

Seafood from the local market in Eymet.

I know it's Italian but Spaghetti Vongole with clams as fresh as these cannot be passed up. The recipe is very similar to my Prawn Fettucini.

Barbecued sardines - not my favorite by Mother Hen would sell her soul for them.

Come on! It's France!

And to finish...

The elderflowers outside my room, the smell was heavenly and they begged to be made into Champagne. If only we were there for longer.

Brioche from Bergerac.

No comments:

Post a Comment